By car from north or south over motorway A7
- From the north and the south, leave the A7 at Stellingen exit and drive towards the city center on the Kieler Straße (B4/B5).
- Please follow this road and keep to the left lane. The left lane following, and after approximately 2 km at a large, multi-junction, turn left over the Eimsbüttler Marktplatz into Fruchtallee.
- The road of Fruchtallee follow on. Fruchtallee goes directly into the Schäferkampsallee.
- After about 1300 meters, at a major intersection besides the metro station Schlump turn left in the street Beim Schlump and follow the road. You cross the Bundesstraße and turn right at the next traffic lights.
- After about 60 m you will get to the two-laned Grindelallee. After about 400 m between the restaurant Schweinske and the Tchibo store you will find the entrance for the University of Hamburg and Fraunhofer CAN.
Coming from the motorway A24
- A 24 ends on Horner Kreisel in Hamburg.
- On the roundabout Horner Kreisel take the second exit to the right and follow the signs to the center on to Sievekingsallee.
- Sievekingsallee turns into Bürgerweide after about 2 km.
- After another 800 m turn right on a traffic light and leave Bürgerweide. Here you should definitely take the left lane of the right turn lane, because the following street will be divided. After turning continue diagonally-left through the Wallstraße on to Sechslingspforte.
- At the end of Sechslingspforte turn directly on the Alster left into the street An der Alster.
- Follow the street besides the Alster and go ahead over Kennedy Brücke. The street goes on as Alsterglacis directly after the bridge.
- On this road you go straight on while finding the Bahnhof Dammtor to your left. After passing the train station you are on Edmund-Siemers-Allee.
- On the right you find the buildings of the University of Hamburg. Turn right on Grindelallee at the next light.
- Passing two lights you turn left for a turn-around to go back in the opposite direction on Grindelallee.
- After about 400 m between the restaurant Schweinske and the Tchibo store you will find the entrance for the University of Hamburg and Fraunhofer CAN.